Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning apologizes: 'I believed I was going to help people, not hurt people'


As his legal defense closed today, WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning offered a brief, unsworn statement. Addressing the judge, Colonel Denise Lind, directly, he apologized for his actions and for what he described as a failure to work "more aggressively inside the system." He expressed hope that he could atone for his mistakes, and that he could


Manning's defense rested today; sentencing in the case could complete as early as next week. His full statement is below:



First, your Honor, I want to start off with an apology. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that my actions hurt people. I'm sorry that I hurt the United States. At the time of my decisions, as you know, I was dealing with a lot of issues. Although they have caused me considerable...



Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/4620464/bradley-manning-wikileaks-statement

No comments:

Post a Comment