Thursday, August 15, 2013

With no guns and no people, ‘Gone Home’ is a different kind of first-person game


When I'm alone in someone else's home, I really can't help myself: I peek in the fridge, take a look in the medicine cabinet, and if I'm feeling particularly brave maybe I'll even root around in a drawer or two. Gone Home is a game that takes these voyeuristic tendencies and turns them into a game mechanic. The entirety of Gone Home involves searching a sprawling, empty home in order to find out what happened to its residents. You'll analyze journals and scan receipts, slowly piecing together events over the course of a few hours. On paper, it's just about the dullest-sounding game imaginable. But in practice it's a stunningly emotional story told almost exclusively through the environment.


Gone Home puts you in the role of a young...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/15/4621514/gone-home-review

No comments:

Post a Comment