Thursday, August 21, 2014

I am not emotionally prepared for Twitter to suck


To this point in my five-year career as a tweeter, I have authored 4,626 answers to Twitter’s original question of "What are you doing?" That’s merely a tenth of the number of tweets my esteemed colleague Chris Ziegler has produced, but each one of those little missives is dear and important to me. Taking the Shakespearean approach to wit, I actually work to refine and make my tweets more concise. There’s real investment in my presence on Twitter that goes beyond the basic self-promotion and instant gratification of fishing for retweets.


For a long time, both Twitter and I were content with our ongoing relationship: the network’s rising popularity made it more useful for me while the daily engagement of people like myself helped...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1BG6bMr

No comments:

Post a Comment