Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gamergate can't stop being about harassment


Yesterday, actress, gamer, and geek icon Felicia Day wrote a piece called "Crossing the Street," about how the Gamergate campaign had made her hesitant to engage with a culture she loves, knowing that anything she says could provoke a flood of angry, condescending abuse. At best. At worst, she could become one of the string of women who have left home, temporarily or semi-permanently, due to threats from people who "doxxed" them and found their home addresses. Day explained why she was particularly worried about this:



I have had stalkers and restraining orders issued in the past, I have had people show up on my doorstep when my personal information was HARD to get. To have my location revealed to the world would give a entry point for...



Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1tmdBkR

No comments:

Post a Comment