Friday, December 26, 2014

Withings Activité review: a slightly smarter watch

Whenever I’m wearing some new gadget on my wrist, people ask about it. Co-workers are idly curious about which smartwatch or fitness band that is; my girlfriend asks why it’s so ugly and when I’ll take it off. A few, like the Moto 360, prompt strangers to stop me on the street or subway and ask if that’s what they think it is. (Yes, it is. Yeah it’s cool, I guess. No, sorry, I can’t let you wear it.)


No one asked about the Withings Activité. I don’t think anyone knows they should.


I’ve been wearing it for a week. It’s one part standard wristwatch, one part fitness tracker. It tracks your sleep, steps, and activity. It costs $450. It’s beautiful: made of carefully machined sapphire, calf leather, and stainless steel. It looks like a...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1xkQ2cZ

No comments:

Post a Comment