Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Why are we excited about props from a Star Wars movie that we won't see until December?

I bought Terry Brooks' novelization of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace on April 29th, 1999, the day of its release. Four alternate covers were released, and naturally, I got the one featuring Ewan McGregor as young Obi-Wan Kenobi, just as I had gotten the Obi-Wan edition of Premiere magazine's Star Wars issue, and spent much of the summer of 1999 buying Mountain Dew, a soft drink that I hated, so that I could accumulate as many Obi-Wan cans as possible, hoarding them as if they were some kind of valuable future energy source.

Three weeks later, I saw Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace for the first time on May 19th, 1999, the day of its release.

Why was I so into young Obi-Wan, when I had yet to see him in action in...

Continue reading…



via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1GfXxsz

No comments:

Post a Comment