Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ads are the new face of virtual reality


"So, what’d you think?" said the man who had gotten me into the cockpit of a Pacific Rim Jaeger.


I grinned. "Great! But I was a little disappointed that I didn’t fall or get eaten."


He looked at me quizzically. "Having a Kaiju punch into the cockpit and grab your partner wasn’t enough?"


"Yeah, I mean, it was cool. But it didn’t actually eat me, you know? I was really hoping for it."


The Oculus Rift has put me through a lot. I’ve skydived, been beheaded, flown spacecraft, slid in gondolas past giant floating heads. I want to try everything. Until my development kit comes next month, and probably even after that, the best place to do so is at promotional events. The Oculus Rift hasn’t entirely replaced the specially built video rooms...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1oKKPI8

No comments:

Post a Comment