Monday, September 29, 2014

This giant Yoshi glitch in 'Super Smash Bros.' is why I love video games


Sometimes I feel that video game glitches are more surprising and interesting than the video games themselves.


I've been trying to unpack this idea for a couple months. Surely my feelings stem from writing about video games for 40 hours a week, every week, every year for the past half decade. I confess that all of the AAA shooters and sports titles and action-adventure hybrids begin to blur together at a certain point; that the tropes and mechanics feel like a pool of shared ideas. And yes, sometimes I have to make a conscious effort to differentiate one uninspired shooter from another.


I don't think that's why I love glitches, though.


I believe, at least in terms of big budget gaming, we've been in an era of safety, an era built upon...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1nAeRAm

No comments:

Post a Comment