Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mike Daisey is feeling himself


I was a little worried last night when I arrived for Mike Daisey’s one-man show at Joe’s Pub, a chic, midsized venue in the East Village. It was crazy, but I was worried Daisey was going to recognize me and scream at me, like he did when I interviewed him by phone last week. "You don’t know anything about the theater," he had said in the middle of a meandering, expletive-laced monologue.


Daisey’s show was originally titled "Yes All Women," a reference to the hashtag women used to tell their stories of inequality after the devoted misogynist Elliot Rodger went on a shooting spree in California late last month. Daisey says he read the stories linked through the hashtag, thought they were "beautiful," and meditated deeply on them....


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1qf6B8R

No comments:

Post a Comment