Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Offline: my quest to find a ‘StarCraft’ replacement in my life

paul offline warhammer

I miss StarCraft, man. I just miss it.


StarCraft wasn’t a game for me, it was a lifestyle. It was a “no, I can’t go out tonight” sort of thing. A start-at-7PM-end-at-2AM thing. StarCraft bent me to its will. It made my brain operate in new ways, taught my fingers to click and type in a new rhythm, conditioned my ass to fight the burn of sustained sitting. It asked me to learn how to lose without rage, to learn from my mistakes, to iterate, to memorize stupid build orders. Most of all, StarCraft was a new way to be friends with people.


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/30/3924130/offline-quest-to-find-starcraft-replacement-paul-miller

No comments:

Post a Comment