Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sony takes on 'Find my iPhone' with My Xperia beta release

xperia s video review

While Android may have matured into a versatile and powerful mobile operating system, it's hard to overlook its lack of a first-party "Find my iPhone"-esque service for lost or stolen devices. Sony is stepping in to offer its own take on the concept with My Xperia, a service designed for owners of its particular flavor of Android phones. Sony says My Xperia will help users locate their devices and protect their data — once you've activated the app in your phone's settings, you can log in with your Google account at Sony's portal and perform a number of actions. You can locate the device on a map and force it to play a notification sound (which will override silent mode and also activate the display).


For more dire situations, you can...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3938110/sony-takes-on-find-my-iphone-with-my-xperia

No comments:

Post a Comment