Monday, March 30, 2015

The loneliest roast: Justin Bieber does public penance on Comedy Central

Pulling past the guard booth of Sony Pictures Studios in Los Angeles, I had the strange, recurring sensation that I first had nine days earlier: I felt sorry for Justin Bieber. The reason I was here on a sunny Saturday afternoon in March was the taping of the Comedy Central roast of the 21-year-old singer and multi-multi-millionaire, but I didn’t feel sorry for him because I was going to spend the next several hours watching him being brutally teased, mocked, and insulted. I felt sorry for him because I wasn’t sure he had any friends.


For years, the targets of the Comedy Central’s roasts have tended to be celebrities past their prime (Roseanne Barr, Pamela Anderson, William Shatner) or show biz adjacent oddities (Flavor Flav, Donald...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1Ig8zuG

No comments:

Post a Comment