Friday, March 27, 2015

We have to save this cute rabbit dog thing before it's too late


You see that cute critter? I hope you enjoy that photo. Savor it. That's the first image of a lli pika taken in 20 years. It's estimated only 2,900 Ili pika existed last time the species had its picture taken in the early 1990s. Today, that estimate is around 1,000 living lli pika. Now I'm no scientist, but I suspect if we do nothing for my new best friends, the lli pika, their next photo will be snapped in the extinct section of a Natural History Museum.


A rabbit that looks like a really cute dog


The lli pika, endemic to the Tian Shan mountains of northwest China, is also called the "Magic Rabbit," though I prefer to call it the "Rabbit that looks like a really cute dog that needs kisses and a nice home." Of course, the lli pika...


Continue reading…






via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1yiOy1r

No comments:

Post a Comment